All policies are effective immediately. This does not effect current obligations and agreements.
These changes became necessary for ME. This blog is my hobby and the last year or so it just feels like a burden. I am making these changes so that I can be proud of every single spotlight, interview, and review. I will not make any apologies.
This blog is not here to solely support authors. It exists and was created as a creative outlet to write reviews and kick start conversations about the books I love – or do not love. My nature is to be direct and honest. That is what you can expect here at Booked & Loaded. You can often find cursing and general smartassery as well.
If you are offended easily, wear your heart on your sleeve, or think you are just the bee’s knees and everyone should love you….well you need to get the fuck over it and find yourself a reality check.
If you are cool with the possibility of someone giving honest and respectful feedback of their personal opinions – you have likely found a great match here at Booked & Loaded!
Annie at Booked & Loaded rarely accepts unsolicited requests to read and review ARCs. Before your head explodes and you lose all hope, please know that does not mean that I am closed for review requests. Many times, I will just purchase the book upon approval. I am open to all requests, but that does NOT guarantee I will accept all books.
*The only exception to this is authors I have worked with long term and will be by invite only.
I will not be accepting books that are FREE at retailers, unless they are the first book in a series and more than 2 books are published in that series.
My preferred genres are: paranormal romance, fantasy, urban fantasy, steampunk, paranormal mysteries, horror and sci-fi/fantasy.
Audiobooks: Yes, I listen to audiobooks and I am open for review requests. Please note that I am still limiting the amount of offers I accept. I tend to NOT listen to much romance in audio. If you have an audiobook and would like to request a review you can fill out the form here:
Comics / Graphic novels: Currently I am open for review of these. Please note that I am still limiting the amount of offers I accept. Mostly, this is to keep me sane and reading comics on the computer is not my preferred method for comics. That being said, I created a special request for comic books:
Novels/Novellas and other can fill out the request here:
Please note: If you are an author or artist that engages in drama with other authors, bloggers, or readers you will not be accepted. Period. I want to spend my time and energy supporting people that are positive influences and good examples in this community. If this statement offends you – you are likely guilty of this type of behavior and can just pass me by. Seriously, this area is strictly asshat prohibited.
If you have any questions please contact me at bookedandloaded @ gmailDOTcom
Will now be by invite only.
If I have worked with you in the past, I will likely continue to host stops on your tours.
I will be accepting REFERRALS. The referral system will work like this:
- If you are an author or industry professional that would like to refer another author you simply fill out the referral form below. Please be careful. If the person you referred starts to engage in drama you both will be removed from future support. Think of it like this. Would you send your crazy aunt to your best friends business if you thought she was going to cause trouble? Well….I would certainly hope not. Have the same respect for me and my time.
This policy will likely need some tweaking in the next few months, but I am hoping this will allow me to still find new respectable authors to support.
REFERRAL FORM COMING SOON!
The reviews and articles on Booked and Loaded are mine. You do not have permission to take material/articles/pictures from my site and run it on yours without permission.
The following can be done:
- You may publish a quote of 150 words or less from reviews/articles with a link to the original piece on Booked & Loaded if you are another site. Credit must be given in a way that makes it obvious that the content is not your own.
- You may publish a quote of 150 words or less from reviews/articles with a credit given if you are an author . This can be used on your site (with a link back to my site: Booked & Loaded) or book cover (with a name credit given: Booked & Loaded).
- Written permission will be needed from me (Annie Slasher @ Booked & Loaded) in order to republish more than 150 words from Booked & Loaded. If you get written permission, then all links and words must be copied as is with a link to the original piece (in a prominent area that makes it clear that the content is mine).
- Full articles/reviews are not permitted to be republished from Booked & Loaded without WRITTEN permission from me and final say on the article before publication.
What is Copyright?
Copyright is a form of protection provided for original works of authorship, including literary, dramatic, musical, graphic and audiovisual creations. “Copyright” literally means the right to copy, but has come to mean that body of exclusive rights granted by law to copyright owners for protection of their work.
What Tools I use to check for Copyright Infringement:
**NOTE: A HUGE Thank you to the Geeky Bloggers Book Blog for allowing me and everyone to use her policy. Everyone should have one!!**